Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Migrant Mother"

The photos entitled "Migrant Mother" envoke many feelings. After seeing these photos, I felt sorry for those in the pictures. I was also reminded that there are many, many more people who live in similar situations. Some people face horrible challenges and conditions, yet they still show courage. I feel like the mother in these photos showed courage. Maybe she needed to be there for her children. Maybe she needed the courage to continue. Maybe she just needed the courage for herself. She seemed to be taking care of her children as best she could in her conditions.

I am also reminded to be thankful for what I have. I am lucky that I do not have to live in situations such as those shown in the photos. I could just as easily been in that place. We should all be greatful for what we have, and these photos remind us just how awesome our lives are.

No comments:

Post a Comment