Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens

7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey is a guide for teenagers who want to live a good, meaningful life.

The most helpful chapter for me was "Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood". This chapter gave lots of good insight into the mind of other people. It also helped me to learn how to listen and negotiate better. "Habit 5" showed how much relationships depend on good listening from both parties.

I have mastered Habit 3, "Put First Things First". I have good priorities in my life, and I make sure to try to keep them balanced. School, family, friends, ballet and church are all important to me, but I try not to let one take over my life. A balanced life is much less stressful than an unbalanced one, and I definately do not need any more stress.

"Habit 4: Think Win-Win" is the habit that I need to work on the most. I tend to go to one extreme or the other. I am either a cut-throat person who needs to win, or a push over. Most of the time, I just let the other person win if we are in a conflict. I like to avoid such conflict. I need to learn to compromise more.

Sean Covey wrote a very helpful book. I would recomend this book to every teen. We all can pick up some tips from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment