Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

When I Took a Stand

On most days, I have to ride a bus home. Until this year, my brother Anthony and his friend Jimmy rode the bus too. For some reason, they decided this year that they should start walking home from school even though the bus passes right by them. Unfortunately for them, we can see them walking down the sidewalk on many occasions from the bus. Again, for some reason, they decided that they should start to break out into a run every time we pass. From the point of view of the sister, they do look a little silly running down the street with all of their bags in tow. But, if they want to walk home everyday, that's their prerogative.

One day, I forgot to bring my mp3 player onto the bus. I was already pretty steamed because without my music, it is impossible for me to just close my eyes and pretend I'm somewhere else. Anyway, we were going home, and the bus passed Jimmy and Anthony. They started running. The guys who sit behind me started to laugh and prodeded to call Jimmy and Anthony names. They made fun of them, and I just did not think it was appropriate. I turned around and said

"That's my brother and his friend, and you need to just stop."

Lucky for me, those guys did not get violent. They simply sat down, and turned their attention elsewhere. I did not do much, but I still felt accomplished.

Sure, standing up for Anthony and Jimmy was not really nesseccary. After all, they could not hear the things being said about them. All that taking a stand did was make those guys behind me think that I was a crazy, annoying girl. Still, I feel like I did something that day for those who could not help themselves. Let's just overlook the fact that they did not know help was needed.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren I'm proud of you. Even though you do not like your brother, you did something nice. That was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh look at you all nice to your brother even though he hit you with a baseball bat. hahah[[:

    ReplyDelete