Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Writer's Notebook: Persuasion

Persuasion is used all of the time. Everywhere I look, someone is trying to persuade me into doing or buying something. Often times, I do not even notice the persuasive techniques being used on me.

I would like to think that I am pretty good at persuading people. Feel free to argue. Most of the time, I am persuading people to trust my answers for assignments. That is about all of the persuasion that I use, so I mostly use the technique of logos. I always try to have a reason for the answers I put down, and I rarely just guess. However, I often find that when I am trying to persuade someone, I talk about my subject so much that I begin to doubt myself. Persuasion can sometimes influence my decisions because I value other's opinions.

Persuasion is used on television every time a commercial plays. The whole purpose of a commercial is to get consumers to buy a product. Many different techniques are used in commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment