Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Writer's Notebook: Commitment

Olympic athletes make extreme commitments in order to compete and train. They commit to their sport, their team, and their training. All of these aspects come together to make a well trained, successful athlete who can lead his or her country to victory.

Although I have not made commitments as extreme as the ones made my Olympians, I have made a serious commitment to my dance studio. I have been taking dance classes for over eleven years, but I have really committed to the studio over the past two. I am at the studio, Batesville Ballet Etc., dancing for about ten hours a week. Three of those hours are on Saturday mornings. I have given up so much time to teach and learn the art of dance. Unlike most kids my age, I do not have many extracurricular activities, but the ones I do have, mainly ballet, take up most of my free time. I have suffered pain and stress, but the outcome is worth the price. Performing is amazingly fun, and ballet has helped me in more than just my fitness. Dancers at Batesville Ballet are not required to be as committed as I, but I would not hesitate to step in when needed. My commitment has hopefully made a difference for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment