Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Reading List

As previously mentioned, I want to expand my reading horizons. I am trying to be very open to suggestions this nine-weeks period. I also plan to read some books are not new and were written more than five or so years ago.


Jonathan Livingston Seagull

I mainly plan to read this book because my mom told me to. Normally, she and I have different taste in books, but maybe I will enjoy the book. Plus, Jonathan Livingston Seagull was written in the 70s, so hopefully I will get a different style of writing than the modern teen books I am used to reading. My mom has a copy, so I will just get her copy.



The Devil in the White City

I was browsing our class library, and this book caught my eye. My dad and a friend read this last year, and I am pretty sure they both liked it. Since the book is readily available, I might as well try to read it. Also, the book seems to be historical fiction and I have never really read anything like that, so I should try.


Love in the Time of Cholera

Once again, I simply found this book in my house. Upon reading the title page, I discovered that it won the Nobel Prize and is part of Oprah's book club. If the book is good enough for such renowned people, it will be good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have some great titles at home--I love it! I haven't yet read Devil in the White City, but it's been on my list for a couple years. You'll have to let me know if I should move it to the top of my list. :)

    ReplyDelete