Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Reading Independently

Reading is one of my favorite pass times. I love to dwelve into a different world and escape my own. At the first of the year, I had to push myself to read regularly. Now, however, reading for a while every night has become a habit. Not to mention, the books I chose this period were all pretty interesting and fun to read.

Inking my thinking was a harder habit to get into. Sometimes, I have trouble pausing my reading to write what I'm thinking. I found that I have many deep thoughts, I just cannot get them on paper very well. Looking over my reading journal is quite entertaining, though, since I can go back and remember how I felt during certain parts of the book. My favorite part of my journaling is writing down quotes that I love from books.

I am sure that I am reading more analytically this year. I know that I am putting more thought into the books I choose. Next quarter, I want to expand my reading variety even more. I am going to start with a book that my mom has recommended from the 70s called Jonathan Livingston Seagull. I want to read books that normally wouldn't have read.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're trying to expand your reading horizons. You might also enjoy some of the nonfiction books I have. Nickel and Dimed is actually one of my favorites. Ask me about it and other nonfiction titles I have in class.

    ReplyDelete